Beginners: How to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino card games that are enjoyed by many around the globe. If beginners had known the best strategy to play and are well prepared for what to expect during a game, then even a beginner will have a slightly upper hand compared to those who are not experienced at all.
Normally, most of the gamblers will think that they need to compete against other players rather than the dealers, but this is the incorrect way in Blackjack whereas they need to beat on the dealers. Blackjack is a card game that dealt with two cards, one card face up while another will face down from the beginning of the game.
Here are the tips you need to know before blowing your money at the blackjack table :
- You should increase your bet if the dealer’s face-up card is value 7,8,9,10 or Ace.
- You should not split your hand if you own a pair of 4, 5 or 10.
- You should try to split your hand while you own a pair of Aces or 8.
- If you own the initial two cards with a total value of 11, you should double down.
- You should double down if the dealer owns 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 while you have 2 cards with a total value of 9.
- If the dealer’s card is an Ace, face card or 10 and your 2 cards total value must be 10, then you should double down.
- You should continue betting until your card value is 18 or more, first you must have soft hands like Ace and 5.
- You should split your hand if the dealer has 8, 9, 10, Ace or face card.
- If the dealer’s face-up card is 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6, you should try to split sixes.
- You should only bet until you have the total card value of 12, but the dealer’s face-up card needs to be less than 7 but more than 3.
Other than the above tips, beginners of Blackjack still have some strategies that need to know. First, even beginners or old players must know how to control the mood even win or lose the game. Don’t let the result of the game spoil your mood for the following game! At the same time, dealers also will hope gamblers can win the game in order to avoid blaming the gamblers.
Therefore, beginners are not encouraged to apply the Martingale Betting System in the Blackjack card game in the beginning because this system might require the players to double up their bet when lose. Beginners sometimes might have the luck to win by using Martingale but it also might cause you to lose a lot, so basically you will lose more than win through Martingale if you are not an expert on it.
An important strategy for all the beginners of Blackjack is don’t try to play the insurance bet! This does not mean by how many hands you bet, but insurance bet might cause you to lose every hand you had bet. As only 4 out of 13 possible cards will allow the dealer with a Blackjack under the Ace, so mean only 30.8% of chance. If you’re an expert in a card counting system, then insurance betting is always the best choice for you.
Moreover, beginners must know how to make the correct bet size with the correct play. It doesn’t mean you should make the largest bet of the day in the beginning. Always remember to play the hand, not the money!
Lastly, beginners must know how to manage payroll and avoid overspending. One action must avoid is should not go all-in anytime. You should always keep enough money to split your hand or double down. If you can learn how to manage payroll wisely, then you have the chance to win more!
Check out more of our latest content here :
- Blackjack – Rules of Card Games
- How to play 21
- How To Tell If You’re Playing Blackjack With A Card Counter
- 3:2 vs 6:5 Blackjack